keskiviikko 1. heinäkuuta 2015

Regroup

Didn`t have the patience to have a day off from this, when I`m on a job I just gotta get it done or I don`t get peace from it. So after work I went back to the paint store to get a new bottle of the black primer. After I took a little spin in the car parts shops I headed for the motorway and towards home.



...which is when the skies opened. The speed limit on a motorway here is 120km/h, it was bucketing down so hard all the cars were driving 70. I`m not entirely sure have I ever been so wet wearing riding gear before. Although it was only 30-ish km:s it was NOT nice! But hey, my summer leather gloves don`t press anymore!


After a shower and a fresh set of clothes I went back to the garage armed with a new can of primer and some advice from the paint shop lady. "Paint is expensive, thinner is cheap. Use lots of thinner" she said. So I did. Brushed it into all the little nooks and crevices to make absolutely sure no residual paint stripper would still be lurking anywhere. I let them dry for an hour to give the thinner enough time to vaporize, and hit the cage with the primer again. This time it stuck on. Trying to get an even coat on a tubular 3-D object is not exactly easy, took me the whole bottle to get every single place coated. Then after the primer had dried I finally got the final paint on.






Pretty good color choice even if I may say so myself. It is called Ford Deep Impact Blue. To my knowledge it was originally launched at 2013 on the reveal of the new Mustang GT, although some other models have had it since as well. This was the actual color that my Triumph was to be painted with before I decided to go for the graphics. It, as does the multi layer candy clearcoat on the Triumph, makes a rather prestige dance with the sun being bright light blue in direct sunlight and as the light fades the color turns into a much darker version of itself while developing a faint hint of purple-ish red on the way. The true nature of the color simply does not catch on a digital picture, you have to see it in person in order to know what I mean. No idea what the mark in the last picture is, looks like a gash in the clearcoat but it is only a reflection of something.

Gonna let them dry over the weekend to be absolutely sure that the paint has properly cured, probly pack them at monday-tuesday and send off somewhere around wednesday so they should arrive around a week from now. Still gotta make that lever tube to the service stand and sure as hell am NOT going to fly sparks in the garage until I`m absolutely certain the paint has hardened.

4 kommenttia:

  1. Huippu suoritus !!! :D Very good choice! Me exiteeeed :D

    VastaaPoista
  2. Glad you like it ;)

    Totally need a little ride to clear my head of certain things, just printed maps and a navigator search point list for tomorrow night. Gonna take off at 8-9pm when the boy goes to bed and head to Kasnäs. Around 600km round trip, hoping to be back home at daybreak.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Ride Safe :)
    Gonna go to Norway trip tomorrow :) packed bags :)
    But not taking as harsh as 600 km s. Hope U r ok :)

    VastaaPoista
  4. Ah yea had forgotten about that CAUSE I`M SO FUKKEN ENVY!!!!!!!!!!! Astounding views coming around the fjords, I`m expecting to see a million pics when I come to visit!!!

    Everything`s fine, some...disagreement in the air of certain things, nothing too serious but a few heated arguments was exchanged. Gotta put that gel pad back on the seat, the 514km in the first day of the Jõgeva trip still holds my one day ride record. That`s about to be broken tomorrow.

    YOU ride safe out there, don`t drop into the arctic ocean and remember to watch out if a truck comes at you in a tunnel, makes a helluva turbulence!

    VastaaPoista